Friday, September 12, 2014

Preschool juggling

When I was 8, my Nanna gave me a juggling kit for Christmas.  It contained 3 scarves, 3 bean bags, and 3 balls.  I absolutely loved being able to juggle!  It was fun to be able to do something that not everyone else could do.  Also, because juggling takes both physical energy to keep your arms in motion and mental concentration for the hand-eye coordination, it usually left me feeling tired and accomplished. 

Jake is still too little to juggle 3 things but I decided to show him how to juggle 2 scarves. I think someone as young as 3 could learn to do this.  I used lightweight scarves that are about 12" or 18" per side.  I have him throw one scarf up with his left hand, transfer the 2nd from his right to left hand, then catch the 1st with his right hand.  I have him say "up, over, catch" to remind him what to do when.  We use these juggling scarves: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B5B9NU but any lightweight scarves will work for getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment